I am tired of aimlessly dating! It has brought me nothing but tears on my pillow and a heavy heart. As I indicated in my last post, patterns need to change. I want to take things slow. I want to get to know someone and their values. Far too often, I would jump into a relationship, letting my heart take the lead. Not anymore! I am letting God lead that area. I know what some of you must be thinking. Isn’t that kinda scary or hard to do? My answer is yes. However, that fear is not from God. In II Timothy 1:7 the main message is that God does not give fear. God will give me direction, he will supply all my needs and all things are possible through Him. I think if he made me, he knows my heart better than any man ever could. I will wait for the man God has intended me to marry.
Is there someone in my life now? Maybe. It is far too soon to tell. As I said, we are going very slow and getting to know each other. I met him on Christianmingle.com about a week ago and we have been communicating. We have not even talked about a relationship yet. One big thing I want to mention is, do not leave your family out of this process. They are an important part of your life and some day, the life of you and your husband. I think it is vital to have them in the loop about who you are considering. Some of the things I wanted to know about him were:
- Is he a believer in God? Does he know how to love God?
- Does he have a vision for his life of doing great things for God?
- Is he free of harmful addictions such as, alcohol, drugs, immortality…
- Is he given to anger, bitterness, greed or envy?
- Is he wise with his finances?
- Does he love children?
- Is he a man of character, showing initiative, creativity, diligence, enthusiasm and wisdom?
- Does he have similar convictions and standards to mine?
- Does he accept me just the way I am?
- Could I say he loves God more than he would love me?
- Will he draw me closer to God?
Because this guy has caught my eye, and we both have shown interest in each other, and there could be potential, I ask my family what they think. The people I know are a great judge of character. Their input matters. I guess what I am in now, would be a pre-courtship phase. We shall see where the Lord takes this. I pray to God every day, asking him about the conversation I had just had and what other questions should I ask. I think long and hard about his answers to things and figure out where his heart is.
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
I Timothy 4:12
The Organic Christian